It’s so easy to make; I really think I’m gonna make these pancakes more often. This recipe will help you make delicious, fast banana pancakes and it’s gluten-free friendly! If you don’t want to make it special in any way, you’ll even only need two ingredients. But since I felt like something more exotic and had those ingredients at home, I felt free to experiment. With success. So here you go – move to the store and get these precious groceries:
- Bananas (I used two)
- Eggs (I used two medium sized organic eggs)
- Vanilla aroma
- Grated coconut
- coconut oil
(Yeah okay, this sounds super fancy but it’s really nice! You can also use sunflower oil though…)
- a heated pan (I used a small one which was filled by the pancake mash and thus had the perfect size)
- a stove
The last three you’ll not need to add to the pancakes – just thought I’d let you know!
Heat a pan to a medium heat. (If you have a gas stove or a stove that heats up fast, you can do this later)
Crack the eggs open into a small bowl. In a bigger bowl put the banana cut in pieces and mash it, make it nice and mushy. Add the eggs and stir it until evenly mixed. Sprinkle some grated coconut in it, as much as you want. If you go too crazy with it, it’ll have a weird texture though. Mix again.
Now. Add some delicious vanilla aroma. I put a tiny bit, even less than a dash as that would be a bit too much. Aromas of any kind are concentrated and strong. So take that as a note and use with care. Stir well.
Now you can start making them in the pan and use coconut oil for baking. You can spread the thick mashed banana mixture as big as you want but keep this in mind:
- If you spread it too thin, it’ll be quite wide to flip.
- If you spread it too thick, it’ll fall apart when you try to flip it as there is no flour in it to keep it tight together. It happens.
- Chances are, you wont be able to flip them beautifully so they stay together. It might come out in pieces. Don’t let that discourage you. The taste will be the same. 🙂
- The only way I could flip them so it kind of stayed whole was without any helping kitchen gadget – just the pan. That’s how it folded into itself but it was perfect.
Wash the berries, add them to your plate.
Cut the passionfruit in half and use a small spoon to loosen up the fruit’s inside.
Then add a drop of vanilla aroma. Trust me. Add to plate.